Welcome to the Daily Rundown for FanDuel for KBO DFS contests on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
After last week’s crazy week of weather in the KBO we return from the normal Monday break to another slate where we have to watch the weather. Unlike slates last week where we had to watch every game the only game we have to watch tomorrow morning is the KT-LG game. As of now, that game looks like it is going to be a wash and I will personally be avoiding it.
Pitcher to Target
Top Pitcher – Ki Young Im – $28
I like Mike Wright a lot tonight but between him and Im I am leaning towards Im. Im has slightly better numbers on the season with a lower ERA of 2.91 to 3.60, a lower WHIP of 1.15 to 1.34, and has a higher K/9 rate of 8.2 to 7.4 this season. Im’s matchup is also the best in the KBO against the Eagles. This season the Eagles average the fewest runs per game at 3.54, have hit the fewest home runs with just 28, and have the lowest OPS at .647. The odds are also squarely in Im’s favor as the Tigers are huge -210 favorites as of this writing and the Eagles have the lowest projected run total on this slate at just 3.8 runs.
GPP Pitcher – Min Ho Lee – $26
Lee made his return from injury last week and looked solid in a tough match-up allowing just two runs while striking out five in five innings of work. In a similar bad match-up against the KT Wiz I like Lee to have similar production as he has shown all season long since taking over as a starter he has the tools to put up big performances. With that being said Lee is a huge risk not only due to the match-up but also the weather. Once again this KT-LG game has a huge chance to be rained out and even if this game does start we are likely not to see it go the full nine.
Stack to Target
Top Stack – NC Dinos
The Dinos are always an easy team to stack as they have been the best team in the KBO this season especially hitting the ball. The Dinos lead the KBO in runs per game at 6.48 and home runs hit at 68 which is 13 more than the next closest team in the KBO. The Dinos are especially an easy team to stack today as they take on Kyung Eun Noh. Noh has had some solid starts as of late but has some bad numbers overall. This season Noh has an ERA of 5.20 and a WHIP of 1.27. The oddsmakers agree with me that the Dinos are a great team to stack as they have the highest projected run total on this slate at 6.52 runs. When stacking the Dinos there really isn’t a bad option but there are five players that I am prioritizing over others.
- OF Jin-Sung Kang $15- Kang is hitting .374 with an ISO of .288 this season. Kang already has nine home runs and 35 RBIs in his 42 games.
- OF Myung-gi Lee $9- At only $9 in salary Lee offers excellent value as he is hitting .340 with 28 runs scored this season.
- OF Sung-Bum Na $18- Na is going to cost you a pretty penny but should be worth it with 13 home runs and an ISO of .291 this season.
- OF Aaron Altherr $16- Altherr has dominated KBO pitching this season with an ISO of .301, 12 home runs, and 42 RBIs. Each of those three numbers ranks in the top five of the KBO this season.
- IF Eui-Ji Yang $14- Yang has back-to-back multi-hit games and is hitting .302 with seven home runs and 32 RBIs this season.
GPP Stack – KIA Tigers
The Tigers scored exactly 11 runs last week with eight of those runs coming in one game. They have been shut out in back-to-back games and averaging the fourth-fewest runs per game this season. With that being said I am expecting a huge bounce-back game for the Tigers today as they face Shi Hwan Jang. Jang has had two straight strong starts but allowed at least three runs in each of his prior five starts. For the season Jang has an ERA of 6.21 and a WHIP of 2.07 which both are by far the highest on this slate. There are three clear-cut players to target for the Tigers when stacking.
- IF Sun-Bin Kim $8- Kim does not have much power with zero home runs and an ISO of just .076 but what he lacks in power he more than makes up for in being able to get on base at a high level with a batting average of .331.
- OF Preston Tucker $17- Any Tigers stack has to start with Tucker who is by far their top hitter. The former top MLB prospect is hitting .324 with an ISO of .277. Tucker has 11 home runs, 31 runs scored and 40 RBIs in his 45 games.
- OF Hyung-Woo Choi $13- Choi is nearing the end of his career but still getting the job done with eight home runs and a .311 batting average.
Players I am also very high on that I did not mention in this article can be found on today’s cheat sheets.
|High||NC Starting P (28 / 28.76)||Jose Fernandez (17 / 11.24)||Jae-Hwan Kim (17 / 10.08)|
|Roberto Ramos (17 / 10.59)||Jung-Hoo Lee (14 / 9.83)|
|Byung-Ho Park (14 / 8.99)|
|Tyler Saladino (13 / 0.84)|
|Low||Sang-Su Kim (8 / 8.98)|
Make sure that you confirm that each player in your lineup is in their team’s lineup.
Not sure of the optimal stacking strategy for your KBO DFS lineups?
Sign up below for our stacking guide.