The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, March 10
Games on the Main Slate: 8
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TB/TOR
Favourites that are -165 or greater: CAR
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight’s slate doesn’t have a whole lot that I expect to be overly chalky. I’d expect the highest ownership levels to check in for the Tampa/Toronto game, which is the lone game projected with a total of 6.5 goals, along with the Hurricanes, who are -220 favourites on the road in Detroit, taking on the lowly Red Wings. I think you can approach tonight with little worries with respect to game theory fades – load up on the stacks that you like the best and see how the night shakes out!
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the spot tonight for the top line for the Bolts as they travel to Toronto to take on the Leafs. This game should be a bit of a track meet, and I like their chances of lighting the lamp multiple times against a Toronto team that struggles to keep pucks out of their net.
- Don’t sleep on the top PP unit for the Pens, which don’t break the bank and are in a great spot against the Devils. I like Letang on the back-end as a high priced d-man, he shows as a second PP unit option on FC, but he is my favourite option out of their d-men tonight.
- Even though Dallas does a good job at defending, if you wanted a high ceiling option that should be owned, feel free to ride the hot hand of NYR1/NYR PP1. You have a shot at getting them tonight with what should be very low ownership levels.
- I like the spot tonight for BOS1/BOS PP1 as they travel to Philly. The high price and low projected total should keep ownership levels down, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they have a big night tonight.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I like a fade on TOR2 tonight. They have been struggling of late, and even though Marner is now back on that line with Tavares, I have no problem focusing my exposure elsewhere tonight as I prefer other options on the board.
- I’ll be ignoring skaters from the NAS/MTL and NYI/VAN game tonight to narrow down my player field. I’d be surprised if a stack from either option was a part of a large-field GPP win tonight.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!