The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, March 5
Games on the Main Slate: 10
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: WAS/NYR, EDM/CHI, TOR/LA
Favourites that are -165 or greater: TB
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight, with a deep 10 game slate, and not many large favourites on the board, I’m not too worried about factoring in projected ownership levels. I think we’ll see things spread out pretty evenly amongst a number of teams, and like the idea of targeting the stacks that you feel are best positioned, not worrying too much about projected ownership given the high probability of a pretty even distribution of ownership levels.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the spot for the Leafs tonight, playing on the road against the lowly Kings. The Leafs continued their yo-yo effort level, with a pretty dismal 5-2 loss in San Jose on Tuesday night. I like the bounce back spot for Toronto in a plus match-up, and love the spot for the Matthews line tonight.
- Tampa’s top PP unit is a great stacking option that doesn’t break the bank. Don’t expect rock bottom ownership levels here given that they are the largest favourites on the board – but I love the spot for them tonight.
- Edmonton’s top PP unit is a great stacking option if you compliment them with a value stack. They are playing on the road in Chicago in a game that I think will be a track meet.
- Finally, the Panthers have been struggling mightily of late, and Boston rolls into town tonight in a great spot. They need to be paired with some value plays, but BOS1 and BOS PP 1 are in a great spot tonight against a team that struggles to keep pucks out of their own net.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- On a deep slate like tonight, I like removing some skaters from my player pool and will be doing that for games with projected totals of 5.5 goals: NYI/OTT, DAL/NAS, and MIN/SJ.
- I like an under-weight position on Philly tonight. They have been playing outstanding hockey, but I like the chances that the CAR/PHI game checks in as one of the lower scoring options on the Main Slate.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!