The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, March 3
Games on the Main Slate: 10
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: OTT/PIT, TOR/SJ
Favourites that are -165 or greater: PIT, CHI, VGK
Where to Expect Chalk
- Vegas are massive -300 favourites tonight, playing on home ice against the Devils. When you factor in the affordable prices for many options in the top 6 up front for the Golden Knights, you can expect high ownership levels on VGK1, VGK2 VGK PP1, and Lehner in net.
- Look for Pittsburgh to be the only stacks that top Vegas ownership as they are -300 favourites at home in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals tonight against the lowly Sens. Crosby’s line, Malkin’s line and the top PP unit should all be the highest owned stacks tonight across the board.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the spot for a Matthews line stack tonight for the Leafs as they travel to SJ to take on the Sharks, who have struggled to keep pucks out of the net all season long. You can sprinkle in Barrie on the back-end for another piece here, or Dermott as a punt with upside given the major minutes he’s logging on the back-end for the injury plagued Leafs defence core.
- Don’t sleep on the top PP unit for the Jets, playing at home against Buffalo. They are priced affordably, and while I wouldn’t expect rock-bottom ownership levels here, I could see them flying under the radar from an ownership standpoint on a deep 10 game slate.
- I like an over-weight position on the Pens tonight, and would have no problem stacking each of the top two lines and PP unit with a heavy chunk of my MME entries tonight. I think they’ll put up 5-6 tonight at home against the lowly Sens.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- On a deep slate like tonight, I like removing a few teams skaters from my player pool. Tonight, those games will be: MTL/NYI, STL/NYR, NAS/MIN and EDM/DAL.
- Chicago will see a fair amount of ownership levels tonight, largely likely to be focused on the Kane line. I have no problem fading them tonight given all the options on the board. There are quite a few that I prefer other options when compared with the Blackhawks.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!