The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Saturday, February 29
Games on the Main Slate: 8
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: VAN/TOR
Favourites that are -165 or greater: TOR, OTT, ARI
Where to Expect Chalk
- As large favourites at home tonight against the Canucks in the only game with a projected total of 6.5 goals, I think you’ll see a fair amount of ownership on the Matthews line along with the Leafs top PP unit. TOR2 would be a lower owned option – but they should be one of the more popular stack options as well at the discounted price point compared to the Matthews Line – plus, Tavares and Nylander play on the top PP unit.
- I expect the top line for Ottawa along with Chabot to be popular for the heavily favoured Sens as they take on the Red Wings. Tkachuk is a little more expensive than I’d like, but he is balanced out nicely with some nice value spread across the rest of the line.
- I think that the top line and top PP unit for the Oilers will be one of the more popular stacking options as they play at home against Winnipeg in a game that I think will be high scoring.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the spot for Vancouver tonight as a medium priced stacking option, focusing exposure on the Horvat line and top PP unit as they take on the Leafs in a game that should be a shoot-out. The Leafs have been solid at defending in their last two games, but I’m not expecting that to last.
- Pittsburgh could slip under the radar from an ownership standpoint in a plus match-up on the road in San Jose. I like the sot for PIT2 and the top PP unit for the Pens in a plus match-up.
- I like the spot for OTT1 and OTT PP1 tonight a lot against Detroit. I expect them to be popular, but I could see some reluctance by some when it comes to loading up on a team so low in the standings, but Detroit is that bad at defending that I have no issue with it.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- With a projected total of 5 goals featuring two of the better defensive teams in the game, I have no problem eliminating skaters from DAL/STL tonight in what should be a tightly contested affair.
- Carolina and the Habs have a projected total of 6 goals tonight, but I’d be surprised if we saw a stack from this game end up being a part of a large field GPP win. I have no problem fading the skaters in this game as well.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!