The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Saturday, February 22
Games on the Main Slate: 8
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: CAR/TOR, MTL/OTT, SJ/NYR, FLA/VGK
Favourites that are -165 or greater: NYR, VGK
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight, I expect many to continue to ride the hot hand with the top line and PP unit for the Rangers as they are one of the largest favourites on the board in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals. They are in a great spot against a SJ team that has struggled to defend for the vast majority of the season.
- Vegas are -190 favourites, playing at home against the Panthers and as the largest favourite on the board, I expect a fair amount of ownership to be spread out between their top two lines and top PP unit.
- Toronto’s top line of Matthews/Marner/Hyman should be one of the more popular stacking options tonight as they play at home against Carolina.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- For exposure to the Rangers, I have no problem stacking their top PP unit, which will give you pieces of each of the top two lines and some help on the back-end with DeAngelo.
- I prefer VGK2 to the top line for VGK tonight.
- I like an over-weight position on TOR1 tonight as they play at home against a Hurricanes team that allowed them to light the lamp 8x in their last contest between these teams.
- If you are looking for a value stack, don’t sleep on pieces from the top PP unit for the Habs as they play on the road against the Sens tonight.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I have no problem opting for a fade on TB tonight (outside of Cerelli, who I do like as a one-off value play). I prefer some other options on the board tonight.
- BOS/VAN is a game that I think will be one of the lower scoring games on the board tonight, and I have no problem leaving it out of my builds tonight.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!