The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, February 20
Games on the Main Slate: 8
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TOR/PIT, MTL/WAS, WPG/OTT
Favourites that are -165 or greater: WAS, STL
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight gives us an eight game slate with a few games shaping up to be high scoring affairs. Washington’s top line and top PP unit will likely be the highest owned stacking option on the Main Slate as they check in as -180 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals.
- Pittsburgh, who handled the Leafs with ease on Tuesday night should also be pretty popular with the masses, particularly the Crosby line and the top PP unit as they travel to Toronto for the second half of a home and home. I would also expect the Matthews line to garner a fair amount of ownership levels as well as they do on most nights.
- Winnipeg’s top two lines and PP unit should be a popular stacking option as they take on the lowly Sens tonight.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the idea of getting significant exposure to the top line for the Sens, who are playing at home against the Jets. The stack is affordable, and should be lower owned than I feel they should be in a game that should be close and high scoring. I also like the idea of a game stack here, running crunches for various combos of WPG1/WPG2 and OTT1.
- I like an over-weight position on PIT1 and PIT PP1 tonight rather than exposure to Toronto, despite the fact that the Leafs are slight home favourites.
- I like the spot that NJ1 is in tonight, playing at home against a Sharks team that struggles to defend. They are affordable, and I have a feeling they will fly under the radar from an ownership standpoint as well.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- I like a fade on Toronto tonight, as mentioned above. They really have been struggling, and I have no problem fading them until further notice.
- I like the idea of going under-weight on STL skaters tonight in what I feel will be a low scoring game at home against Arizona.
- CLS/PHI is a game that I will remove from my crunches, with the only potential exposure for me being with the goalies in this contest. I think this checks in as one of the lower scoring games on the slate tonight, and I would be surprised if any stacks were a part of large-field GPP wins tonight.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!