The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, January 21
Games on the Main Slate: 5
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: FLA/CHI
Favourites that are -165 or greater: CAR
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight is a rather small 5 game slate with many teams on their bye week before the NHL All-Star game. As such, I expect to see rather concentrated ownership levels with the most popular stacks likely to be:
- BOS1/BOS PP1 – playing at home as -150 favourites against Vegas, the expensive Boston first line will be a popular stack along with Krug on the back-end at home to Vegas in what should be a high scoring game.
- I expect the top two lines and top PP unit for the Canes to be popular as they play at home as the largest favourites on the night against the Jets.
- I expect the big guns for the Penguins to round out the most popular stacks as the Pens are small road favourites against the Flyers. Look for ownership to be spread out amongst the top two lines for PIT, while the top PP unit for the Penguins should garner the highest ownership levels out of these options.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- There’s one game with an over/under of 6.5 goals, and I like the idea of a game stack between Florida and Chicago. There are enough value plays to round out builds here, especially if you opt to stack the game without FLA1 (or just use 1-2 pieces from that line).
- I like an over-weight position on BOS1 tonight along with their top PP unit. There is no shortage of punts on the board to compliment this stack, and I like the spot the big guns for the Bruins are in tonight.
- I like CAR2 (or CAR PP1) vs. CAR1 for my Carolina exposure. Jacob Slavin is an amazing value play at his price point to compliment a CAR2 stack tonight.
Some Spots to Consider Fading…
- Vegas2 is a line that I love to stack, but tonight won’t be one of those nights as I expect the Bruins to use their last change to match up the Bergeron line with Vegas’ top scoring line.
- I’ll be under weight on FLA1 tonight, which is a risky proposition and could blow up in my face. I simply prefer some other stacks tonight, and have no problem opting for a game theory fade on this one.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!