The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Monday, January 13
Games on the Main Slate: 5
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: CAR/WAS
Favourites that are -165 or greater: STL
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight ownership levels will be pretty concentrated with only five games on the docket. I expect St. Louis, who are -230 favourites on home ice to be quite popular – led by their top line, top PP unit and Pietrangelo on the back end. Jake Allen, who draws the start between the pipes will likely be the highest owned goalie as well.
- In a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals, I expect the top two lines for the favoured Caps to be popular tonight, along with the top PP unit for the Canes.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like an over-weight position on STL1 and STL PP1 tonight. I’d recommend sprinkling in a little exposure for MME formats to the third line for the Blues as well, which can be combined with an expensive stack for a contrarian approach.
- I like an over-weight position on BOS1 and BOS PP1 tonight as well as they travel to Philly. They won’t be low owned, but I could see them checking in with lower ownership levels than the big guns in Washington.
- CGY1 and CGY2 catch my eye, along with Giordano on the back-end in a game with a neutral line between Calgary and Montreal. The Habs picked up a win last time out – but have largely been struggling of late, and I like the spot for Calgary’s top six tonight.
Some Places to Consider Fading…
- I’ll be opting for a game theory fade in MME GPP on Washington tonight. I just prefer other stacks in other spots and when you factor in the fact that they should be popular, I have no problem taking a gamble here. Carolina has been great at defending of late, including two shut-outs last week.
- I’ve been heavy on NYR1 and NYR PP1 of late, but will be under-weight exposure here as they take on the strong defence of the Islanders in the battle of NY.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good night for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!