The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, December 12th
Games on the Main Slate: 12
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TOR/CGY, NYR/SJ
Favourites that are -165 or greater: PIT, WPG
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight has twelve games on the docket, without a lot of heavy favourites, which should help spread out ownership levels. When you look at pricing on DK tonight, they seem to have really factored in the Vegas line more heavily than usual – with some favourites (largely WPG) really priced up, and lots of value options available on the board – which should be an interesting night when it comes to building line-ups with the new-look pricing, which should help shy some ownership away from some of the heavy favourites on the board….I’m curious how players will adjust tonight.
- With that said, my thoughts are to just attack the stacks you think are going to have great nights, not worrying too much at all about ownership levels tonight while you can collect data. Let’s dive into some of the best places to attack tonight!
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- Winnipeg travels to Detroit to take on the reeling Wings, who have lost 12 straight in regulation time. I love the spots for WPG1, WPG PP1, and Conner Hellebuyck.
- In net, assuming he starts, Kappo Kahkohnen seems far too cheap, especially for a home favourite tonight.
- Robin Lehner at his price point opens up a lot, and he has been outstanding this season…but plays on a team that struggles to win. With that said, I like getting exposure to him in large-field GPP’s, he is the type of goalie that could win a GPP if he has a nice night.
- I’ve been very under-weight TOR this season – but I love the spot for the Tavares line and the top PP unit tonight, playing on the road in Calgary.
- Carolina/Vancouver has some stack appeal with the Aho line and the top PP unit for the Canucks. I like getting exposure to both lines here (together, how you can fit exposure in a game stack with combinations – or as isolated individual stacks).
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- It’s hard to argue the price point on SJ1 tonight, playing at home against the Rangers in one of two games with a projected goal total of 6.5. With that said, I wouldn’t be surpised if they are at or near the top of ownership levels, and for GPP’s, I think an under-weight position or a full out fade could be a big advantage if thinks break the right way.
- Florida is a team I love to stack, but tonight won’t be one of those nights as I don’t like stacking against the defensively stingly Isles.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!