The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, December 9th
Games on the Main Slate: 12
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TB/FLA, MTL/PIT, SJ/NSH, TOR/VAN, CHI/VGK
Favourites that are -165 or greater: NSH, WPG, DAL, VGK
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight we have a deep, twelve game slate which should help spread out ownership levels a fair amount. With that said, there are a couple options that should garner more ownership than the rest of the field:
- Winnipeg are -265 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6, playing at home against the lowly Red Wings. I expect both the top line, and top PP unit to be popular, with modest ownership on the second line for the Jets.
- Vegas are -200 favourites at home against the Hawks in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals. I expect the top two lines to be popular for the Golden Knights.
- I expect Ben Bishop to be chalk in net, sitting as -200 favourites on home ice in a game with a projected total of 5.5. When you combine that with his recent form, it’s a compelling case.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the idea of going over-weight Winnipeg tonight. It’s hard to argue with the spot they are in tonight.
- I like the Canucks second line and top PP unit, playing at home against Toronto, who comes to town. I expect Pettersson and company to give the Leafs some trouble tonight.
- I love what I have seen from the top line for the Pens of late – and playing at home against Montreal, I think they have a big night. Letang can be added here on the back-end.
- For a value stack, I like the Coyotes, playing at home against a Flames team on a back to back. I like the idea of mixing the top line at EV (Dvorak, Garland, Schmaltz) with the second PP unit from a forward perspective (sub in Soderberg for Dvorak).
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I like a game theory fade on Vegas tonight. Not that I think they will have a bad night, I just think they’ll be higher owned than I think they should be, and I prefer other options on the board from a DFS stacking perspective.
- I’ll be off of McDavid and company for EDM tonight. Last time I wrote this out as a flat out fade, both he and Draisaitl set career highs for points in a single game, so buyer beware!!!
- I’ll be off of Toronto tonight, playing on the road in Vancouver.
- I won’t be letting it ride with CAR2 tonight – I think they are in tough tonight on the road in Edmonton – and I’d be surprised if they were a part of large-field GPP wins tonight.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!