The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Friday, December 6th
Games on the Main Slate: 5
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: CHI/NJ, MTL @ NYR
Favourites that are -165 or greater: PIT, EDM
Where to Expect Chalk
- With only 5 games to choose from tonight, expect ownership levels to be pretty high across most of the stacking options, at least compared to nights where the slate of games is much deeper. With that said, I do think that a couple of options in particular should lead the way in terms of ownership levels:
- I think that the top line/PP unit for the Pens will be the most popular stacking option on the board tonight as they play at home against Arizona.
- I think that EDM1 and EDM PP1 will both be popular stacking options. I choose EDM1 over EDM2 as I think that more people will flock to McDavid’s line vs. Draisaitl’s at even strength.
Some Edges to Attack Tonight…
- I like the idea of doing a game stack in the ARI/PIT game. First, you have a projected total of 5.5 goals, which should help keep ownership levels down. Second, I think this game will be higher scoring than that….Finally, you can use a value stack from ARI to go along with the high spend for PIT1/PIT PP1, or – you could opt for a cheap ARI stack along with PIT2 while spending up on your D slots, perhaps even leaving salary room on the board.
- I like the Caps tonight, playing on the road in Anaheim against a Ducks team that I think they should be able to handle with relative ease. Ovie’s line and the top PP unit are my favourite ways to get exposure here.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll be off of Montreal tonight, playing on the road against the Rangers. The Habs have struggled to consistently produce on the offensive end of late, and I have no problem avoiding them tonight as they play on the road, even though it could be a prime get-right spot.
- I’ll be opting for a game theory fade on the Devils, who are -135 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals tonight. I don’t like what NJ has done with their lines, making them a tough team to stack right now. In fact, I’d go as far as to say I prefer stacking the underdogs Chicago top two lines rather than NJ’s in this one.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!