The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, December 3rd
Games on the Main Slate: 10
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: TOR @ PHI, TB @ NAS, WAS @ SJ
Favourites that are -165 or greater: None
Where to Expect Chalk
- On a deep slate of action without any significant favourites on the board – I am expecting there to be minimal levels of chalk tonight. Of course, some teams will garner more interest than others, but I expect exposure to be fairly spread out across the board – and would recommend focusing your builds on the spots that you choose to attack, not worrying too much about game theory.
Some Edges to Attack
- In one game that should be a high scoring affair, I do prefer the Flyers to the Leafs – a stance that I think will be a little bit contrarian compared with the field. I like PHI1 and PHI PP1 with PHI2 mixed in.
- I love the spot the top line for the Caps are in tonight, playing on the road in SJ in what should be a high scoring game. They’re expensive, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them light the lamp multiple times, and for Carlson to have a big night on the back-end.
- The Devils are coming off an ugly game last time out, allowing crooked numbers to be put on the board – and I love the chances that VGK builds on this. They are one of my favourite stacking options on the board tonight on the deep slate of action.
- Vancouver’s top PP unit is in a good spot tonight, playing at home against the Sens. They are large favourites, don’t break the bank from a salary standpoint, and opting for exposure to the top PP unit gives you pieces to their top two lines.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll be off of TB tonight, playing on the road in Nashville. There’s some risk here as the Bolts big guns are playing some great hockey – but I do prefer some other options on the board tonight, and have no problem opting for a fade here.
- Even though they are slight favourites at home, I have no problem fading the Habs tonight as they go up against the Islanders, who are one of – if not the best defensive team in hockey.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!