The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Monday, December 2nd
Games on the Main Slate: 5
Games with Projected 6.5 goal totals: VGK @ NYR
Favourites that are -165 or greater: NYI (-175, total: 5.5)
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight sees a five game main slate, so we’ll see ownership levels pretty congested across the board. To differentiate and get a 5-7% or less owned stack, you will likely have to look to second or third lines. With that said, often times sticking to the core can work out well, especially in single entry or 3-5 entry max contests.
- With that said, I think that you’ll see ownership levels flock to BUF1, NYI1 as two of the most popular stacks on the board, with a fair amount of interest in their top PP units as well.
- I also think that both sides of the VGK/NYR game will be popular with respect to stacking options here. VGK1 and VGK2 should both be popular with the masses, and I expect their ownership levels to be pretty much split, while with the Rangers, I think you’ll see the Zibanejad line garner the vast majority of the interest.
Some Edges to Attack
- Playing at home against the Kings, I think that the Ducks will fly under the radar in terms of ownership levels. The top line (and PP unit) are affordable, they don’t break the bank – and I like the spot they are in tonight on home ice in a winnable game against the Kings.
- I like the idea of rotating around combinations of game stacks between the Rangers/Golden Knights tonight. I like the idea of taking combinations of 2 players from each team, sticking to getting exposure to the top two lines and PP units, and seeing how that Crunch does in terms of spitting out combinations. I wouldn’t be shocked if this was in play for the winning line-up tonight in large-field GPP.
- I like an over-weight position on BUF1 tonight. Eichel has been playing great hockey, and I think he’ll have a great night in a plus match-up at home.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll be off of the Devils tonight, a team I usually like to target. They have split up their top line, bumping Hall down to the third group, and while this creates some interesting value stacks, I don’t think they’ll light the lamp enough to be relevant tonight in a large-field GPP.
- This isn’t exactly a hot take, but I’ll just be crossing Detroit off of my builds tonight, slicing down the field by a team. The Isles do a fantastic job of defending, and even on home ice, I have no interest in Larkin and company in this match-up.
Best of luck for those playing today and here’s to hoping it’s a good week for you in your NHL DFS action!
If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!