The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Thursday, November 21st
Last’s two game slate saw a severe lack of goals being put up on the board until the Rangers started lighting the lamp at home against Washington in the third period. Tonight, we have a deep, full Main Slate, giving us lots of options to choose from when it comes to building line-ups. Let’s dive in and look at some ways to attack the Main Slate of action tonight!
Where to Expect Chalk
- With 13 games on the slate, I am expecting ownership levels to be fairly spread out, limiting any option from being too chalky. I won’t fade any lines based on game theory alone tonight under that premise.
- With Patrice Bergeron expected to be back in the line-up tonight, I expect BOS1 to be a popular stacking option tonight along wiht Grzelcyk on the back-end for a cheap, value d-man who plays on the top PP unit. Expect Rask to be a popular goalie as well.
- The Panthers are -185 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.5 at home against Anaheim, and I expect the top line and PP unit for the Panthers to be a popular stacking choice.
- Even though the line is neutral, I think that C.McDavid and L.Draisaitl will be a popular two-man stack tonight in a game that I think they should win on the road in LA.
Some Edges to Attack
- Columbus, playing at home against Detroit is a spot that I like for their top PP unit, which are priced down and are quite affordable. I wouldn’t expect low ownership on them, but playing at home against Detroit, I love the spot they are in tonight and I like an over-weight position when it comes to stacking.
- Even though games in Minnesota tend to be low scoring, I still continue to like COL1 and COLPP1 thanks to one, Nathan MacKinnon.
- I like the idea of a game stack, or getting significant exposure to the SJ/VGK game, which I expect to be one of the highest scoring ones on the slate tonight. I like the idea of rolling combinations of the top two lines and PP units for both teams, and I wouldn’t be shocked if this is part of the winning formula for larger field GPP’s tonight.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- With the firing of Mike Babcock, I’m assuming Toronto will see an up-tick in ownership levels. The only Leafs I like tonight are Auston Matthews and Tyson Barrie (who looks like he’ll see some time with the top PP unit in an effort to jump-start the defenceman).
- I’ll be going under-weight on BOS1 tonight with Bergeron’s return to the line-up in a game that I think will be low-scoring.
- I’ll be under-weight TB tonight, playing on the road in Chicago. With the recent run that their top two lines have been on, I think they check in as one of the more popular options (they just missed the cut for the Where to Expect Chalk section) – and I like this spot for a game theory fade.
Best of luck for those playing tonight! If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!