The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Friday, November 15th
Last night’s calls were great……..until they weren’t – as both Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl set career highs for points respectively and were in the fade section. Let’s dive back in and look at some ways to approach the five game main slate tonight!
Where to Expect Chalk
- As the largest favourites on the slate, I expect the Caps to be popular tonight with their top two lines and John Carlson on the back-end.
- I think BOS1 with their track record against the Leafs will be popular. The line favours Toronto in this one, but I think that Boston’s top line along with Grzelcyk on the back-end at his price point will be popular.
Some Edges to Attack
- I like the idea of going over-weight with BOS1 tonight. They have a great track record against the Leafs, and I think they have one of the more productive nights on the slate.
- I like the spot OTT1 is in tonight, playing against the Flyers in a game with a pretty neutral line and an over/under of 6.5 goals.
- To the above, I like the idea of a game stack here. You can easily load up on combinations of 2 members of the top lines of each team and get significant exposure here to the big guns of both squads in what should be a high scoring game.
- I prefer getting exposure to NJ1 vs. any stack from Pittsburgh in this one, and will be sprinkling in exposure to the top PP unit for the Devils in this one.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll be fading Washington tonight. The Habs do a good job of defending, and I think the upside is immense with a Washington fade, focusing stacks on the other four games given that Washington are the largest favourites on the slate.
- I’ll be fading the Leafs tonight, playing at home against a Bruins team that has given them trouble historically.
- I’ll be x’ing out the CLS/STL game. It has the lowest projected total on the board, and I’d be surprised if a stack here is large-field GPP relevant.
Best of luck for those playing tonight! If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!