The Primer – DFS NHL Edition for Tuesday, November 12th
Last night’s two game slate was pretty wild with the Coyotes and Caps going toe to toe, while the Canes lit the lamp eight times, dominating DFS action on Monday night. Tonight, we have a full slate of action – so let’s look at some ways you can attack line-up builds tonight!
Where to Expect Chalk
- Tonight is a rare night where we don’t have a single game where a team is more than a -185 favourite, on such a deep slate. With that said, I do expect a couple of teams to be the most popular choices:
- BOS1 and BOSPP1 will be popular, playing at home in what should be a high scoring game against the Panthers. With the injury to Torey Krug, Matt Grzelcyk should be playing on the top PP unit – and at his price point, he’s an excellent value play.
- MTL2 and their top PP unit should be popular options tonight at home against Columbus as -185 favourites in a game with a projected total of 6.5 goals. Shea Weber could see an uptick in ownership levels coming into this one off of a two goal game, but in the interest of full disclosure, I prefer Jeff Petry.
- Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl will likely be popular going up against a Sharks team that struggles to keep pucks out of the net.
- With Sidney Crosby out, I expect the Evgeni Malkin line to be a popular stack for PIT2 and/or PIT PP1 as they go up against the Rangers in what should be a high scoring game.
Some Edges to Attack
- I like an over-weight position on BOS1 and BOS PP1 tonight.
- Don’t sleep on some of the value plays on the board for ANA1, ANA2, and the top PP unit for the Ducks tonight, going up against a Detroit team that doesn’t defend well.
- I like the spot that Nathan MacKinnon and the top line and PP unit for the Avs are in tonight as they go up against the Jets on the road.
Some Places/Players I’ll be Fading
- I’ll opt to fade MTL tonight. I just don’t see it likely that they have a line that goes off to the point where they dominate a large-field GPP slate.
- I’ll be fading McDavid and Draisaitl tonight, opting for my high priced F spends to be focused on the big line for the Bruins.
Best of luck for those playing tonight! If you have any questions at all, you can find me on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy!