The Hitting Rundown: Featuring stacks to target for the FanDuel & DraftKings MLB DFS slate on April 16, 2018 (4/16).
In this article, we will be covering three stacks (sometimes two depending on the slate) that you should look to target for your main slate (sometimes early slate) contests on a specific day.
Number of Games: 10 on Main Slate
Teams with high projected run totals (5.0 or above): TOR (5.4)
Teams with low projected run totals (4.0 or below): COL (3.8), KC (3.6), TEX (3.4), WAS (3.5), ATL (3.8), CIN (4.0), CHW (3.9), HOU (3.8), SEA (3.7), SD (3.5)
Games with weather concerns: None
The Main slate today should be back to normal, with all 10 games on it looking like they will be good to go weather wise, a nice change after what we saw the last couple of days over the weekend. Let’s take a look at some of the better hitting stacks for tonight’s slate!
Favourite Stack and Value Stack
Blue Jays vs Eric Skoglund (Projected run total of 5.4)
The Jays have plenty of quality RHB, and going up against a lefty arm with an ERA over 9 in his MLB career (granted, in a small sample size) – I like their chances of putting up some runs on him today. Righties own a .458 wOBA against him in his career, and while I don’t expect that to remain the case forever – I do think that righties are in a good spot against him today – much as I did yesterday before the Angels/Royals game was postponed due to the rain/snow storm. While lots of people dismiss Justin Smoak against LHP – his numbers against them are actually quite spectacular – but with less of a power profile than his slash line against righties.
- Steve Pearce – OF- ($3,100 DK/ $2,700 FD)- (.782 OPS, .265 ISO, .332 wOBA vs left-handed pitching – buoyed down by only a .214 BABIP, career trends indicate success against LHP)
- Teoscar Hernandez – OF- ($2,600 DK/ $2,700 FD)- (.773 OPS, .296 ISO, .294 wOBA vs left-handed pitching)
- Justin Smoak – 1B- ($4,800 DK/ $3,800 FD)- (.970 OPS, .211 ISO, .413 wOBA vs left-handed pitching)
Phillies vs Juilo Teheran (Projected run total of 4.2)
Teheran struggles with the long-ball, allowing 35 HR since the start of the 2017 season. Tonight, he faces a Phillies team that has been swinging the bats VERY well, posting the 5th most runs in the game so far on the young season. They have a low projected total tonight, which will help keep ownership levels down, and I love the spot they are in tonight. Just make sure you check their posted line-up. There’s a lot of options they have when it comes to rolling out line-ups.
- Rhys Hoskins – OF- ($5,400 DK/ $4,600 FD)- (1.023 OPS, .338 ISO, .424 wOBA vs RHP)
- Cesar Hernandez – 2B- ($4,100 DK/ $3,700 FD)- (.786 OPS, .115 ISO, .345 wOBA vs RHP)
- Obudel Herrera – OF- ($3,900 DK/ $3,200 FD)- (.787 OPS, .165 ISO, .334 wOBA vs RHP)
- Carlos Santana – 1B- ($4,200 DK/ $3,700 FD)- (.815 OPS, .213 ISO, .348 wOBA vs RHP)
Note all hitting stats in the chart are from 2017 through the start of this season.
Good luck today! If you have any questions, you can follow and send me questions on Twitter @bradsgotmoxy.